Friday, January 25, 2013

Normal Day

Having a vision and working toward it has been a major part of my life. I have been successful in so many ways as a vocalist and also as a choral director and vocal teacher. By keeping my goal uppermost in my minds eye as I go about my day I have achieved a great many things. I am very grateful that I have had the drive, stamina and focus to keep it all going and to support myself doing things I love.

I will continue to follow my passion and make music in a variety of ways...but I've decided that this year my focus needs to be on enjoying being alive and less about a goal I am striving to reach.
Time is whizzing by and I am missing so much that is precious in each day because my eye on the future.

I want to experience what is in front of me right now.

Normal day,
let me be aware of the treasure you are.
Let me learn from you,
love you,
bless you before you depart.
Let me not pass by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Let me hold you while I may,
for it may not always be so.
One day I shall dig my nails into the earth,
or bury my face in the pillow,
or stretch myself taut,
or raise my hands to the sky and want,
more than all the world,
your return.

Mary Jean Irion


No comments: